Sunday 27 January 2019

Beecraigs and Kelpies


An odd little weekend. I had my dad doing a tour de force visit - he sailed over night from Northern Ireland to Liverpool, drove to Manchester to see my sister then up to Edinburgh to crash at mine and then saw my other sister today before going through to Glasgow to see his brother for the night and sailing home Monday.

Certainly makes my weekend look oddly quiet in comparison!

Knowing my dad was due to turn up in the evening, the hubby and I spent yesterday getting jobs done about the house before taking Missy on a super soggy walk about Beecraigs. It was far too wet to risk taking the camera along and, despite water proofs we were all fairly soaked through.
They have spent the winter season upgrading the paths and all the signs as well as putting in new walks, so we were pleased to try a new route and get a renewed interest in the place.


Today we did the Kelpies. You are guaranteed great pictures there no matter the weather, and the bright blue winter sky really gave them a cold steel grey colour that matched the bitter wind. My fathers arthritis is getting pretty severe, so an amble about them followed by a break in the coffee shop before another amble was all he was really capable of - but it was plenty enough time to enjoy the attraction, meet fleets of other dogs and show my neice and nephew how foreshortening works. Everyone was soon getting photos 'feeding' the horses and then played about pretending to have a miniature sibling in their hands!

Just a short post today! Its funny how tiring these short visits can be!

1 comment:

  1. I'll second the comment about tiring short visits!

    Glad you had a good, albeit cold weekend!

    ReplyDelete